It was simple Tutorial how to Root HTC Sensation XE on official Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich ICS firmware version. HTC Sensation XE was recently updated to Android 4.0.3 ICS few weeks. Users who have updated to latest ICS firmware are reporting that they have lost the Root access. If you are going to update through OTA and want to keep root access then you must install Voodoo OTA keeper but it does not works for every phone. But there are chances that it can save you from loosing root rights. We are here to help users who have update their Sensation XE to ICS firmware and lost rooting and now they again want to root their device. This is a detailed tutorial that will guide you through the procedure to root and install ClockWorkMod recovery 5 on your Sensation XE.Warning: Follow this article at your own risk, as the methods and steps mentioned in this article can damage your phone for which neither we nor the developer should be held liable or responsible. Warranty will void if you done rooting for your device.
1. The methods and steps mentioned in this article should only be implemented on HTC Sensation/ XE.
2. At least 70% charge should be there with your device, so that there is no Power interruption during the process.
3. Backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
4. Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your HTC Sensation/ XE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Steps and Procedure to Root HTC Sensation/ XE on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware:
1. Download below three files into your computer.
- Super user zip file package from here.
- HTC All in One Rooting Tool Kit from here.
- Latest clockworkmod cwm recovery manager from here.
2. Connect the phone with your PC via USB Cable. Copy the Superuser zip file into the root directory of your phone’s SD card. After that you must turn off the usb storage connection. Don’t unplug the device from the PC.
3. Make sure that you device must be in charging mode and also enable USB debugging mode in your device.
4. Now extract the HTC All in One Rooting Tool Kit zip file in your PC. Then double click on One X.exe application. Don’t worry although it was named as ‘One X’ it can support HTC Sensation Device too.
5. Firstly, you should unlock the Bootloader of your HTC Sensation/ XE, from the official HTC website htcdev.com. If you have already unlocked the Bootloader then skip this step. Else visit the website, click on the option “Unlock Bootloader” and then follow the on-screen instructions followed.
6. Run the One.exe application then you will get a toolkit window, there you can see multiple options. First select Install HTC drivers and Click on GO button. It will install compatible drivers for your device and ignore the popup messages.
7. After that rename the cmw recovery file name recovery-clockwork-touch-18.104.22.168-pyramid.img to CWM5827.img which you have downloaded earlier into your PC. Then copy the renamed CWM5827.img file to the HTC One X toolkit folder/Data folder/recoveries and replace the one inside.
8. Select CWM 22.214.171.124 Touch and Click on Flash Recovery. It will install clockworkmod recovery mode on your device. The process will take 2 or 3 minutes don’t do anything while the process is going on.
11. The installation will complete in few minutes, and then reboot your phone.
Note: If you are not successful in rooting of your phone, you will have to follow the procedure mentioned above once again.
That’s it; you have successfully rooted your HTC Sensation/ XE on the official Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware. Share with us if you have any doubts, we will let you know a proper solution for the same.